Vintage recycled steampunk style Tilley Lamp.
A piece of history from the early 20th century this Tilly lamp makes a great sidelight that can sit on a shelf or hang by its handle.
John Tilley invented the hydro-pneumatic blowpipe in 1813, which enabled the development of the world famous paraffin lamp that took his name.
During World War 1 the British army used Tilley lamps and they became so popular that Tilley lamp became a generic term for paraffin lamps in many parts of the world.
In the 1920's W.H. Tilley diversified into making lamps for domestic use and for use on the railways.
After World War 2 concerns over the effects of paraffin fumes and the availability of electricity reduced demand for domestic use.
The company is still around today and continues to make their famous storm lamps.
All our lights are made to conform to the standards required by the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 and are considered as modified electrical equipment.
The generous length of plastic flex has an on/off switch and a plug with a 3amp fuse.
Tilley lamps have B22 bulbs, we can supply spare bulbs as required and can advise on bulb options.
Posted: 19 January 2017